Pages

Followers

Search This Blog

Have you made the most important decision of your life? Where will you spend Eternity? To make heaven is as simple as ABC- Accept you are a sinner, Believe that Jesus died for your sin and Confess HE is Lord.

BundleoftheWeek.com, 5 eBooks for $7.40!

26 May 2006

My Commitment

Hi y'all!

Am sure we sometimes wonder what we are doing here on earth. Is it just about getting an education, falling in love, getting married, raising a family, getting a job, climbling the career ladder, retiring or is there more to life? Most of us just follow the tides of life and take whatever life throws at us. Personally I think there is more to life. There must be a purpose for my existence. I know many of us are curious about our purpose on earth, sometimes we think we know it, next minute we aren't so sure of ourselves. Tough life!!!

I don't know how many people have read this book- THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE by Rick Warren. I got this book as a gift 2 years ago, I started reading it but never completed it for some reason or the other, then I lost it! Anyway just last week I got a parcel from someone and guess what was in it- yaaah, The Purpose Driven Life..LOL, so here's my second "God-ordained" chance to read it again. I believe this book would help me answer some of the questions I have in my head concerning my purpose.

Anyway I have decided to make a commitment to myself and to God to read this book (its a 40-day journey) and I believe at the end of the 40 days, by God's grace, I would know the real purpose for why God created me. I intend to share my thoughts on what I learn with you, hence the blog. Your comments are most welcome.

If you have the book I encourage you to read it; from the little I read of it 2 years ago I know you will be blessed.

Happy reading :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering... why would you think a book would help you discover the "real purpose for why God created [you]". Not that the book may not, but the belief that it would prior to reading it, would help you find your purpose in life... perhaps it's the reputation of a book preceeding it? I'll be looking forward to what you may have to share about the book... Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I must have given the wrong impression, I do not mean that the book will answer the question to the real purpose for why created me. I meant the book will help shed light in that direction. I hope that's clear now

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts :)