Pages

Followers

Search This Blog

Have you made the most important decision of your life? Where will you spend Eternity? To make heaven is as simple as ABC- Accept you are a sinner, Believe that Jesus died for your sin and Confess HE is Lord.

BundleoftheWeek.com, 5 eBooks for $7.40!

23 Feb 2009

The day started like any typical day

Lord I give u praise, thanks and adoration. I thank you for who you are. I thank u that despite all the plans of the enemy, your mighty hand has prevailed. As the mountain surrounds Jerusalem so have you surrounded your people. You are my shelter, my rock and my shield. Words cannot express my gratitude.

My people, apologies for going MIA. Thanks so much to those who asked after me. I really appreciate it. I have no excuses. No excuses at all. I am back by God’s special grace. The devil is a liar. I am sure you are wondering what I am going on about. I will fill you in shortly.

I was going to blog about my encounter with a grumpy obnoxious man with his ugly dog but something of more importance happen this Saturday.

Saturday was like any other typical day. Baale and I were thinking of going to watch a movie in the afternoon but ended up not going. I was loafing on the couch around 12 noon when my phone rang. It was a family friend; his parents are neighbours with my parents back home. After the usual pleasantries, he asked me when last I heard from home. Immediately an alarm went off in my head. First thing that came to my mind was my grandmother- she is still in the hospital recovering and I thought oh no it has happened! Anyway I answered and said I spoke with my mum earlier in the week. He was like ok, he had some news but he wanted me to calm down. I was like ok, what happened, already panicking at this stage. He said he was just on the phone, with another neighbour when my cousin called that neighbour to say armed robbers came to our house that morning and attacked my dad and that he was in the hospital. To be honest I didn’t quite get what he was saying. All I heard afterwards was that it wasn’t serious and he is fine, my mum didn’t know (she had gone for a burial that morning in another town) and they didn’t want to tell her yet. At this point, I wanted to end the call so I could call my sister. I didn’t know what he meant by attack and I didn’t want to ask him.

I call my elder sister to find out what was happening. Baale kept saying take it easy, it is well and I was like ok but I don’t even know what is going on. My sis and her hubby were at the hospital and that’s when she told me what happened. My dad was shot on the knee! Shu! Shot ke, how? Why? When? She didn’t have the full gist as she wasn’t there when it happened. Funny enough, she had just dropped off her baby girl at my parents, when my cousin called like 10 mins later to say Popc had been shot.

My peeps, it was like a dream to me, I still couldn’t believe it. In broad day light!!! My sis was also like he is fine but don’t call momc yet as we don’t want to get her panicked. In my head am like these people don’t know momc sha, I have never seen that woman panic before in my life. She is like the calmest person I know alive. But then again, her husband has never been shot so…..

Anyway I felt like catching the next plane to Nigeria. I was worried but at the same time I just kept praying that all is well. I called my lil sis in the states, actually I woke her up. I couldn’t talk so Baale told her the news. It was funny because she was sounding sleepy one second and then next minute we got her full attention. We agreed to pray for Popc and I also passed the message not to call my mum.

My dad was to have surgery that afternoon and I got to speak with him before he went in. I can’t remember the last time I heard him sound so low. I could barely hear what he was saying. I can’t even begin to imagine what was going through his head at that point. My mum got back from the burial later on and my sis said when she told her she was really calm about it. No surprises there.



Thankfully the surgery went well, no major bones were damaged and I believe he will be able to walk again. He sounded much better after the surgery and I was relieved. You can imagine getting hourly updates far away. I really wished I could be there.

Later on my cousin who was there when it all happened gave me the gist. I’ll still like to hear my dad’s version when he gets better. Every Saturday, the gardener comes to the house to trim the flowers and whatever it is that gardeners do. They had left the main gate opened as I think they were throwing dirt out or something. We never leave the gate opened especially at night. The thieves, two of them saw the opened gate, easy target, and walked in. They asked the gardener to lead them in, I think they also saw my popc’s driver outside and ordered him in as well.

My dad was having his breakfast, with my niece on his lap. He was getting ready to go out. Next thing, the rogues entered and shouted “gather your children, gather your children”. Popc called my two cousins, who were the only other people at home. My cousins, the gardener, and driver were asked to lie down flat and thief 1 told my dad to lead him to the bedroom upstairs while thief 2 waited downstairs. Thief 1 collected some money, one of his cell phones and some new clothes (I still don’t get the clothes part). The guy then asked for the keys to my popc’s car and I guess popc must have said it was downstairs so they came downstairs. Ok this was where I lost my cousin a bit, so I’ll just say it as I think it happened. She said when my dad got downstairs, he walked hurriedly outside, saying “where is the driver, I want the keys to the car”. Apparently thief 2 who was downstairs with my cousins thought my dad wanted to run away or so, followed him outside. Thief 1 also followed and at this point my cousins with my niece fled to their room and locked themselves in. A couple of seconds later they heard a gun shot. Later on they came outside and saw popc on the floor, shot, with blood gushing out from his leg. Fortunately the thieves fled the scene and were not able to take his car because students from the neighbouring school came around when they heard gun shot. They do have the keys to the car as we speak.

My dad is still in the hospital and we are not sure when he will be discharged. I am thankful that no one else was hurt, and that he wasn’t shot in the chest or head. I am thankfully that I am able to share this testimony of God’s protection over my dad and that I have not come to share a different version of the story. I really cannot imagine it. God’s promise to us is that we shall live to declare his glory and he brought that promise to pass in my father’s life. It’s crazy how we think our day will go a certain normal way not knowing the devil is always planning how to kill us. If not for God on our side.

Yesterday night when I spoke to my dad, he said, “May the lord forgive them”. For a man who had nearly lost his leg, I am amazed he was talking about forgiveness. That was the last thing on my mind, but I guess as Christians we have no choice but to forgive. However I pray they get caught and are brought to justice.




*For those that do not know, Popc= Dad, Momc= Mum

53 comments:

  1. The Lord will keep your dad from all harm!!

    I'm terribly sorry about all the trauma this must be causing your family at this time.

    You need to let your mum know ASAP though.

    All will be well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your dad is going okay. Thank God for God.

    Naija Bloggers award 2009, starts today. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fluffycutething- many thanks. My mum is aware now, as i mentioned in my blog. She is with him in the hospital now.

    Naija bloggers awards 2009- how exciting, will check it out. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my...so sorry. Praying for your dad's speedy recovery. Thank god for small mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is well aloted. God will keep Popc and everybody too.
    God still preserves, protects and provides for us all.

    ...Oje.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In every situation it is good to give Thanks to the Lord.

    Thank God your dad is much better, and like he said, May God forgive them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i rejoice with you and your family o..that it wasnt some more sensitive part of the body..and that his prayer is as powerful as any curse ho could have uttered o..
    thank god o..aloted , i happy with you o.it will continually be well with you o amen..

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so happy for you that your dad wasn't shot in the head or chest or anything like that

    thank GOD for protecting your father, I pray that He will also perfect your fathers healing.

    the best thing one can do for any family member or loved one in nigeria is to pray for them. there are so many terrible things going on out here that we hear about everyday but i am convinced that God will always protect his children

    I wish your dad a safe and complete recovery.

    hope your niece is not traumatized by the whole episode

    ReplyDelete
  9. wordmerchant- thanks a lot o. God is indeed merciful.

    Oje- my dear brother, thank u so much i really appreciate it. God is indeed our protector

    ~Sirus~- yes o may God forgive them for they do not know what they do. Thanks dearie

    simeone- amen and amen..thanks for the support.

    Arewa- you are so right, we have to keep praying for our families's protection.

    Oh forgot to mention in the entry. My niece was quiet traumatized, poor baby. She was crying all the way. Thank God the men didn't try to silence her in anyway. I shudder thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God for your dad's life. The bible tells us that 'No weapon fashioned against us shall prosper" The devil can buga all he wants but nothing dey happen. Pls, u guys should take things easy o. Hope ur niece is better. Regards to the family. We missed you plenty plenty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank God your Dad is now on the road to recovery. I can imagine how stressed you felt being so far away. I pray he gets better very soon .

    ReplyDelete
  12. The devil is a LIAR OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ur dad is still going to carry ur kids,his nieces and nephews that are still on their way!
    this nigeria sha,Thank God for God!
    Mehn,i can only try to imagine how u were feeling.pele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your dad is okay
    may the Lord continue to watch over him and give him a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a wonderful testimony cuz it could have been worse. I am so happy ur dad is going to be fine....... God will never leave nor forsake his own. May He continue to protect your family and loved ones

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hon, I'm glad your dad is ok and God will be guiding him...and he's a great man for saying may God forgive them!!
    Will pray for him !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey T. We thank God for his mercies and protection over your entire family. I'm happy your Dad is doing better and I'll keep him in my prayers.
    LBM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness. Thank God for mercy. I am so sorry that your dad got shot. And, indeed, may God forgive them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My God, this is very scary oh. This is what scares me most about Naija. I thank God your pops is well & okay. It coulda been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww -- coud have been worse.. But God prevented it from going awry.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Babe was out of the country o! just got back some minutes ago to read this...thank God for your dad's life o!Well He said "He'll satisfy us with long life and show us His salvation"...I am really glad His words came to be...and as for those thieves...may they know no rest until they repent(Amin).
    Meeen I am glad o...

    ReplyDelete
  21. My dear...there I was thinking you absconded...sorry oh! Thank God for popc. See him talking about forgiveness. I guess there is alot for us to learn.

    It is well. Popc will come out well, nothing missing, nothing broken. He must carry all his grandchildren oh!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww wow..im thanking God on ur dad's behalf.

    Im sorry sweetie..

    ReplyDelete
  23. I seriously thank God that your father's life was preserved, and I'm glad that his ability to walk will not be hampered by this incident.

    It sounds like your mom is really a rock; I'm glad your dad has her to support him.

    I hope you're doing ok too...it can be hard to be far away from loved ones, especially when things like this happen because you always wonder if they are telling you the whole truth or hiding some things so that you don't worry.

    It is well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh dear!
    We thank God for daddy's life o!
    God will continue to keep our own!
    and we will not have resons to weep!
    TO God be the glory, that ' o ja si ope'

    How are you holding up, mum? siblings? Our mouth will always be full of testimonies.

    ReplyDelete
  25. God always watches over His children. He has never failed and never will.
    I rejoice with your family aloted.

    ReplyDelete
  26. All I can say is this: It is well!

    They (the hoodlums) will try as hard as they can, but they will never succeed in Jesus Name.

    By praying that the rogues should be forgiven, your Popc has demonstrated that he is a real Christian! God will continue to guide and guard him.

    It is well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so sorry to hear about this but I am happy that your dad is ok. May God grant him a speedy recovery. The leg will heal so fast in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Deariee, thank God your dad is ok & the kids were not hurt. It could have been worse, but we are here counting blessings. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank God for the testimony oh!...We are daily protected from wicked & unreasonable men in Jesus' name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yikes!!..sorry aloted for the repititions oh!!...my browser was acting up

    ReplyDelete
  31. i'm so sorry to hear that your family had to go thru this ordeal...

    you are right the devil is a liar...praying that your dad has a speedy recovery...a true show of his character can be taken from his words “May the lord forgive them”...it see that in you 2 aloted

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks guys for all your comments. Was going to continue with the individual replies but all i will be repeating is thank you for your support and prayers ...i really really appreciate it. You guys are too much. Everyone seems to be doing well at home.

    GNG- you are so right, sometimes i wonder if they have told me the complete truth about my dad's condition but despite all I believe all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beulah- no worries, I have deleted the "repeats". :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. God never takes his eyes off his own. This story just proves that

    ReplyDelete
  35. PRAISE GOD AND STAY ENCOURAGED

    ReplyDelete
  36. Like u said dear, it's great that it was a testimony you came to share with us and not 'another story'.

    God is gracious and your dad's leg will heal well. He will walk perfectly well and any emotional trauma he may have suffered will also be completely healed!

    Thank God!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. G for gun'

    thank God' popsie is okay

    ReplyDelete
  38. May the Lord keep your dad and make him whole again. Thank God you're back too. I was tired of seeing the snow-covered car.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This blog page has been open on my computer for-is it 3days now- I didn't want to comment until I knew I had done the right things-on my knees.

    ALOTED,all I can say is: ALL THINGS ARE BOWING FOR OUR GOOD!

    I also prayed for the protection for your family. God hears our prayers! HE DOES!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hmmm, He is our sure defense.

    the wicked can never overcome us.

    Thank God for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank God he's okay. He will be healed fully in Jesus' name.

    And you're right...the fact that he was talking about forgiveness is amazing...the world obviously needs more people like him :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. How on earth did i miss this post? But then again, i've been MIA a bit myself. I've been praying for your dad and yes, the devil is a liar...the Lord truly does surround the righteous round about like a mountain.
    I love popsie's spirit o! He will definitely walk again! God is on the throne...!

    ReplyDelete
  43. apology accepted...we both sin lol omo popsie is tryin o!i pray all will b well

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank God he is fine!it could have been worse!I pray he will be restored to full health soon!

    My family has been hit my armed robbers so many times i cannot even count!the last time they robbed my mom and stole the car and ran the car over her!Thank God she is alive!

    We thank God and give him all the glory!May God watch over you and yours all the time!Amen

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wowwwwwww...I just thank God that your dad is alive to tell this testimony in the land of the living.

    What the enemy meant for bad, God will turn it around for your family's good, in Jesus Name.

    These armed robbers...Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ahw darling,

    So sorry about popsy

    We thank God that the devil has been put to shame in our lives ...

    Pele dear...

    How are you though?

    ReplyDelete
  47. hey..u ok??? howz ur dad doing?

    ReplyDelete
  48. eeiya! sorry o! chai! these thieving thieves! hope ur dad is fine now! dont worry o! God's eyes r on him. pele.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank heavens for your Popc. You know I woke up this morning thinking, WHERE IS ALOTED? So I went to soulsistah's blog and I finnally found you. I hope you are doing ok and that your Dad is doing fine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear this and thank god everyone is alive and well. I hope your dad and all of you recover from this terrible experience as soon as possible. I've been away for weeks so I never saw ur post until today. All the bst.

    ReplyDelete
  51. How is he doing now? Thank God for his life. And yes, we shall live to declare God's glory. Amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank God for your dad's life, He is faithful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts :)